Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Does the kitchen count?

Woohoo! I have time to blog! I have moved back to my home town, I have missed the easy of city living, the traffic, the people ...the SHOPS! Jules & I are, unfortunately, sharing a room, but it's cozy and I must admit I like having her near! :] It's been a struggle trying to get everything done with just one hand, and sometimes not even that many! Juliet is starting a "mommy-hold-me-all-the-time-don't-even-think-of-setting-me-on-that-floor!" phase. While I love her & love being close to her, it drives me insane when I'm trying to cook, clean, laundry, & all of the other things it takes to be a mommy & descent looking/living person.

So - I tried homemade baby food. It's most deff not for me! Jules refused to even think about enjoying the meat & the green beans were promptly spit on my shirt. That's my lovely, o so polite, 7 month old for ya. We will be sticking to the (yucky but she loves it) jar gerber food. Less mess & a happy babu? Sign me up! *side note, I still need to get a darn high chair, I'm so picky I already have one picked out! Now to get the BD to buy it!*

My house came fully furnished, and if you have never had a fully furnished place, it came preequiped with a couch, tv, DVD, movies, book cases filled with books, pictures on the wall (tho I had to take one down, it was scary!), even towels, pots & pans, dishes, & cleaning supplies!! I must say, I'm liking it! Tho I did purchase a couch cover bc my darling likes to make messes, I'm having to get tv trays bc the LR table & side tables are glass & too sharp for Miss J! Wouldn't want a hurt baby! But other than that, I purchase small stuff, a little at a time, and slowly I'm building up on MY things! It's an exciting feeling, doing it by myself...scary & I'm so glad for the people I can count on to back me up! I also am unpacked! Yay! It only took me a week! And! It's clean! Except ya know, the sweeping & moping (it's all hardwood flooring) and everyone know the kitchen doesn't count... ...right?

Speaking of hurt babies..I'm so very mad! Like, unbelievably mad, bc I felt SO guilty for DAYS over this! I have a car seat toy from bright lights or fisher price, something like that, & on this toy it has a squeaky, a soft velvet piece, & a plastic ring filled with water. Saturday, here, it was a billion & one outside, sweltering hot, gross. I decided to take Jules to the park, awesome ..not. I am obsessive over checking the metal buckles on her car seat in case they are hot. And of course, they were on fire! So I carefully positioned Jules in her seat, buckled up, & we are off! Luckly, I live 2 seconds from the park, bc she starts screaming! Like, something is not right, she is dying screaming. So I pull in the lot, race around the car, & jerk her from the seat, all the while looking for blood, ext. As I'm cuddling my sobbing baby close, I see a huge welt on the back of her neck ...so I'm thinking maybe a bug? So I'm looking in the car seat ...& go to move this toy, the boiling hot to the touch BABY CAR SEAT TOY water filled plastic piece of s#!t, & then it clicks..Jules was laying on this toy!! I would have never even thought to check a TOY to make sure it wouldn't BURN my daughter. I use our aloe Vera plant (very handy if your as terrible in the kitchen as I am) on the spot all day, and gave her a washcloth bath. She didn't seem to notice it, but I sure did. I wanted to burst into tears seeing it ...even thinking about it gets me sad for my little love. /sign

No comments:

Post a Comment