Thursday, August 11, 2011

2-sides to each mom

So I have come to this realization: I am me. Then I am a mom.

The ME side: I am selfish, I like to sleep in & party hard at night. People get out of my way bc I walk with a purpose! I know what I want it and I get it when I want. I go full blown on my makeup & I have no hairspray after I'm finished styling my 'do. My heels are skyscrapers & my hemline shouldn't ( shouldn't ) get any higher. I'm a man-eater, I'm vain. I'm everyones best friend, I just want to have fun. A typical 21 year old girl.

The MOM me side: There is always a smile (albeit tired) on my face, my hair may have spit up in it but you would never notice bc it's always pulled up! I live to play with my daughter, her smile is perfect and her giggle is beautiful. She is so interested in exploring every tiny thing in her world, it makes me take the TIME to do those things. To "stop and smell the roses"..but thru the eyes of my 6-month old. My shower may or not get taken, I'm not sure the meaning of makeup & a man? What is that!? The only "man" I see is a moving picture on FaceTime. I even **gasp** made curtains, a dress for Jules, a blanket, and ...the bravest thing.... Made dinner!!

Reflecting on the "two me's" I much prefer the mom, snotty clothes, messy hair, tired & all. I seem to smile more that way.

Xoxx

Xoxx for now

2 comments:

  1. i agree, if i didnt have the mum me i would be lost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im pretty sure I would be too. Now that I know this love, I would never, could never, give it up!

    ReplyDelete